CAPE TOWN PRAWN FESTIVAL – 24th February 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the competition.
- This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older and who have completed an entry form at the Cape Town Prawn Festival, except the : directors, members, partners, employees, agents of, or consultants to the event and/or its subsidiaries including the Western Province Racing Club, Phumelela Gaming and Leisure Limited, Gold Circle (Pty) Ltd or Kenilworth Racing (Pty) Ltd (“Kenilworth”) their promotional partners and printers, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Kenilworth and/or the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of this competition, or any of the aforementioned persons’ immediate family, including spouses, life partners, parents, children and siblings, business partners, or associates of a director, employee or agent of, a consultant to the Promoter are not eligible to participate or enter this competition. Neither are holders of complimentary tickets permitted to enter the competition.
- To stand a chance of winning one of eight home appliance and to qualify for the Grand Prize of R30 000 worth of household appliances, enter your full name, surname, ID Number and contactable cell number on the entry forms available at the entrance to the Kenilworth Racecourse and place it in the spin barrel located at the stage in front of the grand stand. Please note that you will need to have in your position a valid SA ID or Passport.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or fraudulent, will be deemed invalid.
- There can be only one entry per entrant and multiple entries are not allowed, an entrant can only win once and should their name be drawn more than once it will be discounted. Once you are a winner, you are no longer eligible to enter the competition again. All winners will be included and eligible for the final draw. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The competition will close at 15h00 on Saturday, 24th February 2018 at Kenilworth Racecourse (time subject to extension at the sole discretion of Kenilworth Racing). No late entries will be accepted.
- Winners will be chosen by random draws on Saturday, 24 February 2018 at Kenilworth Racecourse, Cape Town. The 8 draws will take place at the Winner’s Circle after the 4th race through to the 9th race. The winners from each draw will be automatically entered into the draw for the Grand Prize draw of R30 000 worth of household appliances which will take place after the 9th race.
- Should the competition draw be postponed to another date for any reason whatsoever, the new draw date will be communicated to the entrants, within four (4) days after the original draw date. The random entries drawn will be audited by an independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate to establish whether it meets the competition qualifying criteria and if so that entry will be the competition winner. If the qualifying criteria are not met, further random draws will take place until a valid entry meets the eligible criteria. The winners will receive his or her prize after the processing and verification is completed.
- The prize is exclusively for the benefit of the winner and is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise. Kenilworth accepts no responsibility for damage, defect or warranty for the prize.
- The winners will be required to complete a declaration acknowledging receipt of the prize and that he/she is not connected to the Promoter as in terms of clause 5 above.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this competition in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability. Kenilworth cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Kenilworth in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions. The event, its directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
- Should the winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn. By accepting the prize the winner will be required to sign a release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and Kenilworth accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- Subject to winners’ consent their names will be published in any public material and social media platforms such as Facebook and twitter.
- Winners are responsible for the collection of prizes by no later than 18h30 on Saturday 24th February 2018. Prizes not collected/claimed after the closing time, will be disposed of at Kenilworth’s discretion.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- Any expenses incurred by the winner, other than the items listed above will be for the winner’s own account.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Neither Kenilworth nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for:
- An error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed, whether or not arising during operation or transmission, as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control, such as, but not limited to, bad weather condition that may restrict any races on the day;
- Any oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
- This competition shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 36 read with Regulation 11 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to be bound by all the Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions set out above, without exception. Upon entering the competition you are added to the respective Brand’s fan database and will receive notification emails related to marketing material. This clause is subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act no 4 of 2013) and by entering this competition you hereby grant permission in terms of said Act.
- Entrants must consent that they have read the Terms & Conditions by ticking the box on the entry form. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The Kenilworth judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and rules will be governed by the South African Law.
All relevant competition rules stated above apply
1st Prize: 49 inch UHD Android Smart LED TV & R1000 Vasco Voucher
2nd Prize: R1000 Vasco Voucher
3rd Prize: R500 Vasco Voucher